Monday, December 28, 2009

Tick Tock Tick Tock

Time is passing by very quickly. And people just keep mentioning it to me. Everywhere I go…when are you leaving? How long are you gone for? Where are you going? Are you packed yet?
My answers to all those questions are minimal at most. I have had years of practicing the art of procrastination and this latest venture is no different. I continue to find excuses not to pack, pushing back the time at which I’ll have to say goodbye to all my friends and family. “No packing, tomorrow is Christmas ...then it’s boxing day…and new years… And I’m pretty sure Kwanzaa is in there.” Either way, it’s coming at full speed and on some level I have to begin to prepare.
In my last moments of in between time I plan on playing with all the people I will miss the most and continually reminding myself of why I am doing this in the first place. Oh! and I will be almost constantly watching West Wing and Grey’s Anatomy.
My anxiety surrounding my big move is slowly creeping up on me. About a month ago I started not sleeping, now I have graduated to brief moments of emotion amidst conversation and waves of nausea every time I hear the word airport (which actually happens more than you think it would). But, seriously, I have never been more sure of any decision I have made in my life and I am ready to go. The reality of my life in the upcoming months will be heartbreaking, challenging, and full of surprises but I am excited to cross those bridges; I may even cross them doing a celebratory jig.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful site MK! So happy you are doing this and can't wait to read about you experiences. Miss you already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you loads of luck and love. We will pray for a safe and quick trip. Love the way you express yourself, can't wait for more.

    Love, Uncle Joe and Auntie Linda

    ReplyDelete