Thursday, January 7, 2010

Leaving On A Jet Plane




All my bags are packed... Tomorrow I leave my house for a year. I was told to pack for this year using two bags and to have them weigh no more than 50 pounds each. I spent the last three days staring at my closet. Now, after a process where several of my clothes had to compete against each other in a functionality/potential for layering contest, I have finally finished. I find it so strange that every time I have moved before today I have brought boxes and cars full of "stuff". How strange is it that everything I will need for the next year fits in two reasonably sized bags? What the heck happens to the rest of my stuff while I am gone? Did I really need any of that stuff in the first place? Either way you slice it, if anyone wants to borrow anything for the next 12 months feel free to stop by and shop.

Today I was talking about how I felt an it reminded me of a scene from the movie Armageddon. Owen Wilson's character is getting strapped into his seat on the rocket, getting ready to shoot off into space(and eventually save the planet). He says that he feels like his is 98% excited 2% scared or maybe 98% scared and 2% excited. At this moment in my life I could not explain they way I feel any better.

next time I post I will be in South Africa!

2 comments:

  1. lovin the Armageddon referece there. are you by any chance saying you are saving the world? haha. " then what the hell are we fightin for?!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. soo glad you made it safe and sound. good luck my friend. miss you and love you.

    ReplyDelete